Sunday, October 9, 2011

Josie Jean





I just wanted to share a picture of the person who lights up my life, my daughter Josie.  She is the reason I am on this journey of weight loss and to be healthier in general.  I try not to blame her for my weight gain... That was my lack of self-control mixed with the hormones of pregnancy.  However, she motivates me to get myself back in shape because I want to be a role model for her.  I grew up in a house where no one really ever worked out or cared about eating healthy.  That's probably why I ended up overweight for so many years.  I want my kids to grow up in an active home and one where we care about what we put into our bodies (of course, with the occasional indulgence!).

I made it to the gym this morning and ran intervals on the treadmill.  Jogged for two and walked for two for a total of 35 minutes.  Man, can my legs feel it now!  Plus, my shoulders are sore from carrying around my lovely Josie all afternoon yesterday... since she didn't want to be held by anyone else at the baby shower!  Oh well, at least I know she thinks I'm the greatest :)


1 comment:

  1. You're doing so good on the jogging. You'll be back to three miles in no time. And from there six miles! And then a half-marathon is nothing.
    I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete