Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Dawn of A New Day

It's the first of the month and the beginning of a new goal. I vowed to go back to Weight Watchers this morning after not weighing in since September 3rd. Well, I went in without a lot faith but was pleasantly surprised. I was just hoping to break even, but I ended up with a 2.6 lb loss. This means I am only 15 pounds away from my 20 pound goal for Thanksgiving. I've lost a total of 19.2 since June and this morning was just more motivation to help me reach my goals.

I also went to the gym today. It was the second time I've been since having Josie. The first time was sometime in early August when I still had hopes this part time teaching job was going to give me the free time I need to get to the gym. It was really hard that first time around and I ended up mainly walking on the treadmill after a few failed attempts of jogging for a minute here and there. Today was a different story. I've been out and about walking with Don, Josie, and Gracie the past couple of months so my body has been getting used to more activity. On the treadmill today I ended up jogging for two minutes and walking for three for a total of 35 minutes. This was also after a walk with everyone this morning. The workout felt amazing and I'm hoping to keep it going throughout the week.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to be able to see physical improvements. It sounds like you're doing great. And the next few weeks you will make huge strides.

    And how exciting that you lost weight while you were away from weight watchers. It really shows that you know what you're doing. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete