Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Goal

I have a few things to post about today....

First, my weigh-in on Saturday wasn't  fabulous, just a .4 pound loss.  Which means I still
have .6 to lose before that pound I gained is gone.  At least according to the scale at Weight Watchers.  On a really exciting note, however, I have reached my 10 pound goal according to my scale at home.  I got on the scale this morning (not really wanting to) and saw a number I've been waiting for for a long time.  I'm not one to talk about how much I actually weigh, but since Karrie is pretty much the only person who reads this, and will understand the excitement, I finally saw a "1" at the beginning of my weight for the first time since I was pregnant.  After losing weight the first time, I had promised myself that I would never see a "2" at the beginning of my weight again.  Unfortunately, the first time I weighed in at a pregnancy appointment, I saw it....  It has been my ultimate goal to get back to the 100's even if I don't make it to my original weight-loss weight (which seems impossible at this point).  My jaw about dropped when I saw the number this morning and I'm hoping it stays down through my weigh-in on Saturday.   This is also a 2.8 pound loss since my weigh-in last week (on my scale, not the WW scale).  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Second, I'm starting a workout/weight-loss competition with Lynn and the kick-off is tonight.  Lynn is good friends with a girl who is a persona trainer and has her own workout/personal coach/trainer company and they are hosting a competition for 6 weeks to see which pair loses the largest percentage of weight.  The winners get to split a prize of $1200.  I figure for the small fee it is to sign up, and have unlimited access to their classes, it is worth it even if we don't win (but we will).  I will keep you updated on the progress and give more info after the kick-off.

Third, on Sunday, because my ipod was dead and I forgot to charge it, I did Zumba on Wii instead of jogging.  It was a lot easier than it was when I first did it a few months ago and I wasn't sure if I got a really good workout...until the next day when I was completely sore!!  My obliques, shoulders, and arms were more sore than they have been in a long time and then on Tuesday I could even feel my quads!  I am definitely going to throw that into the workout schedule more often.  And even though I am short on time right now, I am going to force myself onto the treadmill for a short jog....

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand your 1 vs. 2 goal! You are doing so great Jen. I hope the WW scale agrees this weekend!
    I am excited about your weight-loss/workout challenge. I love challenges. That is what I have to get involved in. Winning is my ultimate reward :) good luck, and I hope you win the money!

    ReplyDelete