Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stuck

I feel like I'm stuck in a pile of mud I can't get out no matter how hard I try.  Losing weight now is so much more difficult than it was 6 years ago.  Back then I had everything on my side.  I was living alone and did not have to plan any meals around anyone else's schedules or needs, I had a gym right around the corner with all the time in the world to spend there.  Plus, I had a huge support system since I was doing WW through work and a lot of my friends at the time were losing weight and being very conscious of what they were eating and levels of activity.  Now I only really have one friend trying to lose weight but not living here, other than Lynn who is my partner in the weight loss challenge, but I don't get to spend much time with her outside of workout classes.

I got on the scale this morning after 4 straight days of really good workouts and it was the same number I saw Saturday morning (which was slightly up from the previous week).  WTH???  I'm really frustrated and I guess I'm going to have to make some drastic changes in my eating, even though I don't feel like I've been doing too bad.  My goal will be to cut out a lot of sugars and carbs (which are my two favorite things in the world).  I'll have to give myself a day to have some so I don't go crazy and binge on a bunch without thinking.  Wish me luck!

(I'd write more but there is a one year old in the corner playing with the wheels of a stroller, so I must depart)

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand where you're coming from. Why is it so much harder. Sure for all those reasons you listed, but it must have something to do with age and metabolism. It's just SO much harder. And SO much slower. And when you don't see immediate results it's so much easier to be done. It is so much work for half a pound. Or no pounds.

    But it will all be worth it. Just keep truckin'. I wish there was some way we could work out together or meal plan together. But ultimately I have to convince myself that I do not need to go to Sonic. Ultimately, you must be able to tell yourself to put down the peanut butter ;) Good luck. I know you can do it, you've come so far...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's hard for us at 31/32, how come old ladies at weight watchers meetings are losing more each week?! Speaking of peanut butter, I heard of a product called PB2 which is like PB powder... i heard about it at a meeting once but I was looking at blogs and came across it again. I'm going to get it at HyVee this week and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really helps to not have a social life. That is why you did so much better before. No boy around to insist on peanut butter or eat ice cream in front of you. No babies wearing you out, or people expecting you to do things. Those old ladies don't have social lives. No kids to stress them and they are probably used to ignoring their husbands by now.
    I don't have the answer (obviously). You seem like you're on the right track. What I really need to remember is that I can eat 1500 calories but they can't be filled with carbs and sugars. Plus eating more protein and fibers will fill me up better. Unfortunately I am not rewarded with a hunk of carrot!

    ReplyDelete