Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Scale Woes

In my previous post, I talked about my one pound gain and how the following week was going to be better.  Well, all was well until Saturday morning when I got on the scale before I went to WW.  I know, I know, I preach about how you should only weigh in once a week, but I'm not that good.  I often weigh myself on Wednesday mornings just to make sure I'm on the right track, because if I am I get myself more motivated to have a really good weigh-in on Saturday.  This past Wednesday's weigh-in was down from the weight from Saturday (it appeared as if the pound had left) then I did it again on Saturday and it had gone up 2 pounds (one more pound than last Saturday's weigh-in).  This dumbfounded me because I had a really good work-out week (I jogged on Tuesday and Friday and took the dog for a good walk on Wednesday).  I'm guessing I was bloated or something from my nephew's birthday party the previous night.  Anyway, I went to WW but I did not officially weigh-in because I don't think I could have handled another gain.  The fact that I went to the meeting anyway shows that I've grown because last fall I would have just stayed home and then have an even worse week, getting completely off track!

So on Friday (the day of the birthday party) I jogged 4.8 miles.  I thought this would help my weigh-in and negate any cake I would have that evening.  Although it didn't help the next weigh-in, it did help my confidence in jogging.  It felt good.  I was going to just do 45 minutes, but when I hit that time, I figured why not keep going?  So I just kept on another 15 minutes.  It wasn't fast (b/n 12:30 and 13 minute miles) but I'm improving every time I get on the treadmill.

I also have recently tried on my old size 12 work pants from Gap.  I love these pants (I have about 3 pairs) and can't wait to wear them again because they are comfy and fit so well).  I was able to get them on and zip them up, they were just too tight to wear in public.  This gives me hope!  I also went shopping Saturday because everything at Ann Taylor Loft was 40% off.  I was able to get a few tops and a pair of capris.  It felt so nice to go into one of my old favorite stores and buy things that fit.  I am nowhere near my goal weight, but I'm beginning to see the goal line in sight.  I just need to be there by Karrie's wedding so I can look back at the pictures and think about how awesome of a time it was and not focus on how I looked.


2 comments:

  1. I don't agree with the once a week scale check either. You have to have a heads up. It's WAY too much pressure to only do it once, especially when you want/need a loss. As much damaged as a bad scale check can do, it also helps gauge where you are. So good job ignoring the number and getting back to/keeping on with healthy ways.

    I saw that you signed up for a race this summer! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, who cares what the scale says. Your pants are fitting better. You're getting back to running. You can shop in old stores again. I don't care what I weigh, as long as I can wear cute clothes and look good doing it :)

    ReplyDelete