Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break

Today is the first day of spring break (my first paid for spring break, yahoo!).  Honestly, it wasn't too bad of a day.  I apologize for taking so long to update my blog.  With the whole job interview and not getting the job and wondering what to do stress, this was sort of the last thing on my mind.  Weight loss, however, was not the last thing on my mind.  Thankfully, the afternoon I found out I didn't get the job my mom offered to take me out to lunch.  It was a late lunch, about 1:30, but we went to Panera and I got a salad, which saved me from doing something like going to Qdoba to get nachos and wallow in my frustration.  It's not so much that I'm sad I didn't get the job, I am just angry because the decision was made based on politics not on who is the best person for the job.  I had everything working for me: administrators calling the principal to give a recommendation, other teachers giving recommendations, an awesome teaching portfolio, etc.  Unfortunately, they chose someone less qualified but someone who had been on short-term contract at the same school.  This person also happened to be someone my principal interviewed for my job and did not like...

Anyway, the week before I had lost .2 of a pound, making it a total of 30, but this past week was better, a loss of 1.4 pounds for a total of 31.4.  I like to think my new iphone and Weight Watchers app have helped me keep better track of my food intake and how much I've worked out.  This 1.4 loss was after a stressful week with not a lot of working out, a sick kid (bronchitis), a sick me (allergies), and the whole job thing.  So I'm thinking this week should be even better!  On Sunday I got back on the treadmill (feeling better after the steroid shot I had for my allergies) and I jogged 4 miles straight.  It felt really good.  This morning I went for a walk with Josie before it got too hot and finally remembered to use my Nike+ app to track my workout.  I was sweating by the time I got home and my hamstrings could definitely feel the hills I busted my butt up!

I need to figure out a way to tone up my arms for the summer.  The cardio will help my legs and overall appearance, but I need to do something for my shoulders, biceps, triceps, and upper back.  Hopefully I can get a workout figured out soon because summer will be here before I know it!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I am craving an update! Put down the Scramble With Friends and give me some encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete