Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do Over

This week is a do over of last week.  Let me explain.... I weighed in on Saturday and lost .8 of a pound (making the total .2 pounds away from 30).  I am taking this as a huge success because I honestly thought I was going to gain or, at most, break even.  I had a few hiccups with my new treadmill, so I did not get in the workouts that I was planning.  On Tuesday it stopped tracking my mileage after 1 mile and on Thursday it stopped after 1.5 miles.  The belt was still going and the time was still ticking but it never changed how far I was going.  There is some sort of miscommunication going on and I need to look some stuff up and contact Nordictrack about the issues.  Needless to say, after jogging one mile and then not knowing what was going on and trying to figure out technology, I gave up.  Same thing on Thursday.  So this week, I am going to reattempt last weeks planned workouts.

Sunday morning, the weather was pretty nice, and I still wasn't sure what was up with the treadmill, so I decided to go jogging outside.  I told myself I could go as slow as I needed to and to not get mad at myself when I needed to walk.  I went about 40 minutes and was sweatin' like a pig when I was done.  Oh yeah, for some reason before I went on the run, I decided to try a few squats and lunges.  I only did 8 lunges on each leg, and I'm sure it was the combo of the lunges and jogging outside, but boy was I sore on Monday!  My butt hadn't been that sore since the last time I did Pump.

Today I retried out the treadmill and it stopped tracking after 1.45 miles.  But this time I forced myself to just keep jogging since it was still calculating my calories burned and time was still running.  I went for about 50 minutes at 4.7 miles per hour, so I need to calculate the miles, but I am pleased with the results.

On another note, I have been super stressed waiting for a phone call for an interview for a full time art job.  Everyone keeps telling me I'm going to get it, but I'm still waiting.  If I don't get a full time job for next year, I don't know what I'll do.  My part-time salary just isn't cutting it and I'm sick of barely scraping by at 31 (almost 32) years old.  For God's sake, I'm married and a mother!  And yet I still feel unsuccessful because my yearly salary is 1/3 of the total of my student loan debt.  It's just all very scary.  Anyway, this means I had nachos for dinner.  I'm not proud of my decision, but at least I burnt a ton of calories earlier to offset the caloric input!

1 comment:

  1. The statement "anyway this means I had nachos for dinner" is the story of my life and it made me laugh out loud. Sometimes life is stressful and sometimes you just need to eat nachos. And you at least burned off the calories, think of the rest of american who just ate the nachos and sat on the couch the rest of the day! I felt a little negative in my post yesterday, about perhaps I just need to be happy with being 20 pounds overweight. But ultimately, I can't live a life where I can't have nachos when I need them!

    I think you're doing awesome. Losing anything after that 3 pound loss is pretty impressive. And you keep moving in the right direction. Plus you are such an inspiration with the running. I love your blog, it makes me excited every time I read it.

    I was telling Brandy about how great you are doing with running and she says you should do the Papillion Run (she's doing the half). I think it's the same day as Josie's birthday party though. But maybe! I'd come up and cheer you on :)

    Keep up the AMAZING work J-Dawg!!!

    ReplyDelete