Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wrong Direction

For the first time this year, the scale moved in the wrong direction.  On Saturday when I weighed in, I was up one pound.  I was somewhat expecting this, so I wasn't too horribly upset.  Instead I sat down for the meeting and vowed this week would be better.

I didn't get too many workouts in last week and I didn't eat the greatest.  I think all the eating out I did the week before didn't help.   Plus it was the last week of the hexter at school, which meant I had a lot of work to get done.  I also had two meetings (that were both forgotten about until the last minute!) and one of them was with all of the current middle school art teachers.  This was not a great time for me.  Everyone was asking me about the job (not everyone knew I didn't get it, and everyone is shocked that I didn't).  So I got pretty down on myself, even though I know it doesn't have to do with me personally, but anytime you are rejected in some form you automatically think "What did I do/say wrong?".  The stress from that, getting grading done and getting organized, I believe, impacted my weigh-in.

This week I have gotten in three workouts so far.  Sunday I jogged 4.5 miles,  yesterday I walked Gracie around the neighborhood for 30 minutes, and today I ran intervals for 35 minutes (trying to improve my pace from my slow 13 minute miles!).  If the weather is nice, I will take Gracie again tomorrow and then I plan on jogging again Friday after school.  This week is very low key for me, starting new classes means I don't have anything to grade and since both of my 8th grade classes are pottery I have less to plan.

Only 5 weeks left until school is out!!  Holy cow... I better  get to working on my arms....

No comments:

Post a Comment