Monday, February 6, 2012

Progress


Well,  I was supposed to get my new treadmill on Friday, but the Sear's guy got it wrong and we won't get it until tomorrow.  I was bummed because I was hoping to have it for the weekend, especially with all the snow that was headed our way.  I knew I wouldn't be moving much otherwise.  So that's what I did.  Or didn't do... I didn't really move all weekend until Sunday when I went to the store.  But tomorrow is a new day, a new day with a treadmill!

Ok, so here's the other down side... I have conferences tomorrow night, which means I won't have any time to test it.  Then, on Wednesday, I have a hair appointment right after school, which means I will have nice, beautiful hair and if I get on the treadmill, all will be lost.  I might sacrifice the nice hair though.

On to the progress.  So last Wednesday I weighed in for the "Biggest Loser" competition at school and it came up 1/4 lb higher than last week.  The scale there is the old ghetto scales all schools have and the nurse has to adjust it after each person weighs in.  I did not feel the greatest after this weigh in, but alas I kept on going.  See, I'm not a big fan of weighing more than once a week because when I did that I became hyper aware of everything I ate, did, etc and beat myself up for every mistake I ever made.  And I ended up beating myself up about this small gain, after the small loss at WW on Monday.

I also decided to change my weigh in date for WW because the lady who runs the meeting on Monday's is weird and has a high pitched voice that annoys me.  The woman on Saturday is much more my style, even though it is hard to get there on Saturday mornings.  The WW week starts on Mondays, so if I weigh in on a Monday, I can't technically weigh in the following Saturday and have it count, so I'm skipping this Monday's weigh in so I can go this Saturday.  Confusing, I know, but here's the thing:  I weighed in on my home scale this morning just to check my progress (since I'm not weighing in until Saturday), and it was the lowest number I've seen since I weighed in at my first pregnancy appointment.  I have no idea what this Saturday will bring, but that number was the motivation I needed to keep it up this week.

I also have a feeling I'll be moving around much more at home because a little someone has started pushing herself up onto all fours, rocking back and forth.  Holy smokes, how has this happened??!!

2 comments:

  1. Having a treadmill at home is going to be so great. You could go for a 15 minute run while Don and Josie are playing and then another 15 minute walk later when the house is quiet. It really opens up a lot of possibilities. I hope that helps you reach your running goals a lot faster. Though it means we won't be able to BodyPump together... but we hadn't started that anyway! You should train Gracie to run on the treadmill, then she can get all her energy out! My co-worker does this with her dogs, so I know it works some how!
    I can't believe Josie is about to crawl. It won't be soon before she's running around the house and you'll be having to run after her. Talk about a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you seem to have a pattern of updating on Mondays. But since you did a weigh-in on Saturday this week and have (hopefully) been using your new treadmill, I am giddy with anticipation of how it is all going :)

    ReplyDelete