Monday, February 20, 2012

25 and Counting....

The official weigh-on on Saturday: down 1.2, which makes the total an even 25 pounds since June.

My original goal was to be back to my old size by this summer, but when I looked at the calendar and counted the weeks left, I realized this goal might be a bit unrealistic.  I would have to lose at least 2 pounds a week to reach it... and, well, I only lost 1.2 this past week, so I'm already behind.

My challenge this past weekend was two birthday parties.  Saturday night we celebrated my nephew Asher's first birthday (which is officially today!).  My brother ordered Domino's Pizza for dinner (which I haven't eaten since college) and, of course, there was cake and ice cream.  And my mom brought Eileen's Cookies, which added just one more temptation to the mix.  Thankfully, taking care of a 9 month old at a party kept me pretty busy.  I only had 2 pieces of pizza (they weren't very big), salad, and a small piece of cake and small scoop of ice cream (the ice cream was "Birthday Cake" flavored, so it was extra yummy).

Last night was an unexpected party.  Mainly because it was a Miller family birthday party and they usually come up unexpectedly because no one tells me about them, assuming my husband's memory is really great... it's not.  They didn't have dinner, just ice cream.  Oh, and it was an ice cream cake... but I didn't have any!  I sat in the other room playing with Josie during the cake eating.  Other people where there too, but I removed myself from the kitchen where I surely would have caved eventually.

I'm hoping for a good week.  It's the end of the hexter at school, which means I'm finishing up classes with one group of kids, and getting new kids on Thursday.  This can be a little stressful, with the amount of work finishing and starting a hexter.  Plus, on Saturday afternoon I am joining the ladies of the Miller family at Olive Garden to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday.  Here's hoping for a good weigh-in that morning, and some willpower for the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment