Monday, February 13, 2012

Finally Feeling It

I got my treadmill last Tuesday and have used it three times since.  I love it and it is so nice to be able to work out at home.  It's really just nice to get good and sweaty again while working hard!

There is a program called "iFit Live" that came with the treadmill (a free 1-year subscription).  With this I have access to different training programs and I can access google maps and create routes to run on the treadmill.  I found a Half-Marathon training program and have completed the first two of over 40 workouts.  The workouts go in order, progressing either in distance or speed (and sometimes incline) throughout the workouts.  I plan on doing 3-4 of these a week, depending on what's going on in life.  I even got my workout in on Friday when I was home alone with Josie.  She played like an angel on the floor nearby while I walked for 36 minutes.

I also weighed in on Saturday at Weight Watchers.  The last time I weighed in was 1/30 because I decided to switch from Mondays to Saturdays.  I lost 2.8 pounds, making my total over 23 pounds!!  I'm only 10 pounds away from a major goal/milestone... so I'm thinking I will get a pedicure when I reach it.  I'm guessing this will happen sometime in March, and maybe the weather will cooperate with me wearing sandals to the nail salon!

As soon as Don re-hooks up the DVD player in the family room, I plan on starting to incorporate some videos I have on strength training to my workouts.  Spring/summer will be here before I know it and I need to get my arms and shoulders back into tip-top shape!


Oh, and I did order the neon pink running shoes and they will be arriving today!!!  It's amazing how fun colored running shoes can be motivational to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment