Sunday, June 24, 2012

New Environment

I asked Don today to help me come up with post titles because I'm not very good at it... This is what he came up with. This is based on the fact that I've started working out at my new gym as opposed to the old environment I got used to during the shape up challenge. So far I've only been twice; once to run (and try out Josie at the daycare) I did 3.5 miles, and that was even without my water bottle, which I forgot at home. The second time was Saturday morning to try out a Zumba class for the first time. I've done Zumba on my wii but this was my first real class. Thankfully doing the video game helped me be able to keep up in class because I had done some of the moves already. It was a pretty good workout. I was sweating my butt off but I probably could have gone another hour! I love dancing and it was a nice way to get in a workout without feeling like you're dying.

I also have good weight loss to report. I lost 1.6 pounds this week, making my total so far this month 4.8 pounds, only .2 pounds from my 5 pound loss goal for June. My other goal, jogging 6 miles, will be attempted tomorrow morning and if it is not achieved I can try again Thursday since Josie is at daycare twice this week. I'm hoping that I can do it tomorrow though and go to another class Thursday. Either Zumba again or spinning (which I've never done). I'm hoping to end June on a great note. It took me from march to the end of May to lose 5 pounds and with a lot of focus and determination I lost the same amount in almost one month. My next goal will be to lose another 5 in July and work on my running speed. Right now I'm averaging about 12 minutes per mile and I'd like to get to 11:30/mile. Before I know it summer will be over and the stresses of school will be back to torture me!

1 comment:

  1. How did Josie do in the daycare? It will be nice to have a gym, where you can take her with you and not feel like she's being neglected.

    Way to go on the weight loss. Five pounds a month seems like a great goal. Not too lofty, but a good chunk off the number. Keep up the good work.

    I've been too scared to try Zumba since my bad experience at Goodyear, but I should make myself go again. They have about 15 sessions at The Racquet Club. And I encourage you to try spinning, it really is a great leg workout (which you're already getting, but it will mix things up for you!)

    ReplyDelete