Thursday, June 21, 2012

Challenge

Well, Team Bigfoot did not win the summer shape-up challenge.  We finished in third place out of nine teams, which isn't too bad, but I was really hoping for that $600!  I have a TV in my living room that goes wacky on me all the time now and I was hoping to replace it but I guess I'll have to wait until November for the Black Friday deals.  Even though we didn't win the challenge, I did lose weight, and that's all that matters.  So far this month I've lost 3.2 pounds and I'm hoping for a total of 5 pounds by the end of the month.  I also have the goal of running 6 miles on the treadmill by the end of June.  I've been pretty steady at getting 5 miles in on Sundays but because of time restraints I haven't had the chance of pushing it further for that extra mile.  I've been averaging about 12 minute miles, and honestly, right now I don't really care how fast I'm running.  I try to remind myself how long it took me to get to 10 minute miles and how often I ran every week to get there.  I spent a lot of time in the gym on the treadmill back in the day or running around the neighborhood I lived in or trails near by.  I don't really have the luxury to do that again, so I'm taking what I can get.

This week I joined a new gym.  It is a gym I've been wanting to join for years but haven't because it costs a little more than the other gyms I've belonged to in the past.  However, it is ultimately worth it because it has a huge daycare area, two studios for classes, plus one for cycling and one for yoga/pilates.  They also have two indoor pools and one outdoor pool that is very child friendly and has TONS of chairs to layout on during these summer days.  So, if I really felt like it, I could drop Josie off at daycare and then go layout/take a dip in the pool for a couple hours and then go pick her up!  Or I could be a fun mom and take her with sometimes and let her experience the pool too.  Also for joining I get two free personal training sessions which will come in handy for getting to know their equipment and free weights area.  Unfortunately they don't have any of the Les Mils classes, but they do have a wide variety of classes including just cardio, strength/cardio mix, or just strength training.  I've been wanting to try spinning and Zumba so this will give me the opportunity to try it at times that fit within my schedule as opposed to the Y's schedule which did not.

I'm hoping for another pound weight loss at WW this week.  I haven't been pushing as hard as I did last week (resulting in a 2.2 pound loss) but I've been sticking to my high protein meals and the only day I really splurged was Father's Day but I even made a chocolate chip cheesecake for dessert that was only worth 6 points.  Oh and the cookie I had last Saturday when I picked up a dozen to give my dad for Father's Day.

1 comment:

  1. I get so excited when I see you have a new post. I am super excited for you and your new gym. My new gym also has an outdoor pool, but I can't imagine hanging out by it by myself. I don't know why.

    Six miles at any speed is a great accomplishment. You really do encourage me and motivate me to run more and just keep trying. Thank you for your updates, they inspire me.

    Also, great work with the 3.2 pounds. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete