Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Big Six

Well, I did it! I ran six miles straight yesterday. It was in the afternoon and part of me didn't want to spend the last few hours of my day "off" on the treadmill sweating my butt off. The other part of me said to just get it over with so I can spend my next day off trying out a new class at the gym and getting work done.

Here's the numbers:
2 min warm up
70 min jogging
2 min cool down (would have been longer but I had to stretch and shower before I picked J up from daycare)
1020 calories burned!
Total of 6.2 miles

I started at 4.9 mph which is about 12:15 per mile and bumped it up .1 mph every ten minutes until I was at 5.2 which I stayed at until the last 20 minutes when I slowly bumped it up to 5.6, so I averaged around 11:40 per mile (I think!).

This is a great beginning to next month's goal of 11:30 miles and I hope to do a six miler again before July is over!

2 comments:

  1. So what's your plan to improve your speed? That's always been the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete