Thursday, August 2, 2012

Unreached Goals

To say the least, July wasn't a very successful month.  In fact, it was a pretty stressful month financially, especially near the end.  Mix in the stomach flu mid month, which got me completely off track, and it became a downward spiral.  I haven't tracked my food, I've barely worked out and I've had one too many treats (both sweet and alcoholic!).  I haven't even hardly weighed myself... but I printed out two calendars (one for August and one for September) and planned my workouts up through Karrie and Dan's wedding. 

Because of the stomach flu thing I got off my running schedule and never made 6 miles in July.  I tried this past Tuesday (the very last day of July) but it had been over a week since my last run and that last run was only 3 or 4 miles.  I started out slow and made it to 4 miles but I was exhausted so I stopped.  That was about 50 minutes including warm up and cool down and I averaged 11:30 minutes/mile.  I had scheduled myself to go to spinning the next morning but I was super sore from the previous day.  My hamstrings were torn up because they had already gotten used to not running.  So I took the day off - plus I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon which caused me anxiety throughout the day because I HATE the dentist, even for teeth cleanings. 

Somehow today I was able to get in a workout.  Today was actually scheduled to be a rest day but since I ended up taking that yesterday I knew I needed to fit in a workout somehow today.  My mom ended up having a doctors appointment in the afternoon and called when she was on her way home to see if I wanted her to watch Josie.  I'm sure her intention was to watch her so I could get some school work done but I knew I wouldn't be happy if I didn't get on the treadmill and try another run.  I did the same run as I did on Tuesday but just a little faster.  I started at 5.1 instead of 5.0 and bumped it up every ten minutes until I hit 5.5 and then I bumped it up every two minutes until I reached 4 miles.  The running was a total of 45 minutes, averaging under 11:30 minutes/mile.  I did bump the speed up to 6.0 at the very end to get to the finish line.  It's hard to believe that I used to run 6 miles at that pace.  It seems so fast now!  Anyway, my knees are sore now but I feel better.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go the spinning class again in the morning.  Don is going to take the day off so I can go to school and work.  I figured I would try and get a workout in before I head to school.  This will make up for my missed spinning class on Wednesday and today's run will replace the run I had scheduled for tomorrow.  If I'm not too sore I'm going to try to go to cardio kickboxing again on Saturday morning.  I hope that I'm not pushing myself too hard - I would like to also get a 5 mile run in on Sunday (which will continue to be my long run day until the corporate cup).

I'm going to hang my schedule up so I can try and keep on it.... I think it will be easier once school really starts.  The only problem will be the first week back because I will be working full days until I go pick up Josie.  I'm going to try and fit in some workouts over the lunch hours since they sometimes can run long during these work days.  Now I just have to get re-motivated with the food.

I will try and be better about blogging... it's just been so hard with the punk kid lately!  If I'm at the computer she is whining to sit on my lap so she can get into everything on the desk.  But this too shall get easier as the school year starts and I have a little time to myself at home before I have to pick her up!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your August is going better than your July. At least it sounded like you ended the month on the right foot. Birthdays are worse than holidays when it comes to celebrations and working out and junk food.

    Good luck with the two month calendars. It keeps me motivated to print them out and cross off the workouts I've done. Sometimes I inspire myself. I'm gonna keep you motivated with the remaining countdown!! We want to look amazing in our dresses! And it will be great to celebrate on wedding day, knowing we worked hard to get his far!!! You can do it. Seven weeks is plenty of time to make changes!

    ReplyDelete