Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sweaty First Days

Okay, I promised to blog on Sunday after my workout but time just got away from me.  Even right now I don't have much time... I should be in the shower so I can be clean when I go get Josie and I need to stop at Bucky's so I can by a lottery ticket even though I won't win because I have bad luck.

I'm also getting used to my new computer's keyboard which is not a full sized keyboard and I hit a lot of the wrong keys!

So I'm back at work and that sucked up a lot of my time this past week.  Full days of working plus getting up earlier than ever every day = tired, cranky, and hungry.  I prefer waking up later and having a late breakfast.  Then I'm not hungry and wanting to eat something mid morning to get me through to lunch.  This must be why it is so easy to lose weight in the summer for me.  I had gotten behind on my workouts but I'm back on track and I forced myself to run 5 miles last Sunday which just about killed me but I wouldn't give up.  This race is next month and I'm so not ready for it... However, now that I'm on my regular work schedule (half days) I will be able to fit in my workouts more often.  Even today... I got home, took a two hour nap (I was POOPED!) and then made myself get on the treadmill to run 3 miles.  My next scheduled workout is Friday - Cardio Kickboxing at 12:30.  I'm excited to be able to officially fit this class into my schedule.  Saturday I'm hoping for another run and then a longer run on Sunday (6 miles).

I just really need to get back on track food-wise.  It hasn't been horrible (I did say no to Chinese food last night at Don's suggestion) but I could really be better and I need to be.  As things slow down in the next couple weeks I'll be able to get back into a routine and have better planning!

Well it's off to the shower so I can get that power ball ticket!  And a fountain soda, which will probably bring me more joy than the ticket...

2 comments:

  1. It appears to be a tough balancing act for you! Summertime is easier food wise because you can eat later and spread your meals out. BUT you're home all day and get stressed out and turn to food that is always around (my guess is you don't have ice cream hidden in your desk at work ;)
    Still, I agree that the routine is definitely easiest for workouts. Making yourself go right on the way home from work (like with kickboxing) makes it almost into a work commitment. I have trained myself (and my car) that on two days a week we don't get to go home until we hit the gym first. Routines are good for some things!
    Good work with your workouts this week and keep on truckin'. We're getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you happened to win the lottery this week (or any week!) please remember who your real friends are!!!

    ReplyDelete