Monday, March 5, 2012

Nothing

I weighed in on Saturday and lost a big fat nothing.  I didn't gain, which is good, I guess.  But my goal was a two pound loss.  I tracked all my food and I worked out 3 times this week (which isn't great, but an improvement).  I have been really stressed out lately though (financially) and I'm guessing that has a lot to do with my number.  I'm hoping this week will be better.  I did a good workout yesterday and I have a killer one scheduled for tomorrow.  The next workout on my half-marathon treadmill training has me jogging 5 miles.  I haven't done this since before I was pregnant.  I haven't come close to that since I've started training.  I'm hoping I can make it....  My last big workout I did I had to stop in the middle of to catch my breath and I had to lower the incline in order to finish.  And that workout was about 4 miles.

I'm also worried I'm getting sick.  Josie had a fever almost all day yesterday and a runny nose.  She is cutting teeth but that may or may not have anything to do with the other...  All I know is that I was up at 1:30 taking her temperature and rocking her while she moaned and whimpered in my lap.  The gusty winds have not helped with allergies either.  Oh, and tomorrow is "Teacher Appreciation Day" at school and each kids family "adopts" a teacher to thank (or spoil, from what I hear), so I'm fearful of getting yummy treats tomorrow that will tempt me.  I already know of one family that adopted me and they sent me a survey asking about things I liked.  I'm excited though, because it will really show me who really appreciates me as a teacher!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, to having a good week and not being rewarded on the scale. We know that there's more to getting healthy than just the number, but it sure is nice when it works with us instead of against us. And I hate how many factors go into weight. Not just calories in and calories out. But stress, hormones, time of eating, make up of meals. It's so difficult.
    Good luck with your big run. I am super-impressed with you getting back to it. I am sure you can finish it, even if you have to lower the speed or incline a little. You've come a long way in just a month!

    ReplyDelete