Saturday, September 8, 2012

New Month, New Me? We'll See

Sorry I have not been blogging like a good girl.  After my last post where I had been struggling with being sick or not, I became full on sick with another flippin' sinus infection.  My voice was completely gone by the end of my school day on Friday and I felt like I was half alive until Sunday when I broke down and went to a clinic.  This really hindered my working out plans and also my eating well plans.  For some reason when I am sick, or at least when my throat is scratchy, eating (and swallowing) is the only thing that feels good on my throat.  And I HATE cough drops.  They taste like nasty candy and I'd really rather not taste them....  Anyway, I'm finally better but I am behind schedule with running.  I did get in a couple walks with the family but school was really busy this week because I had to get mid-hexter grades posted by the end of the day Thursday and I was having computer issues and starting new projects with my classes, which requires me to be constantly at my students' disposal with their many questions.  This also means that I do not sit down for four hours, I do not even get a chance to drink water or pee (so it's a good thing I don't get to drink that water I guess!).

I did get a 3 mile jog in on Wednesday but the other days were so hard to get going when I got home because I was so physically and mentally exhausted.  I also have a problem with time management when I get home from school.  It's like I have too much time that I don't know how to organize it and then I get nothing done.  I also had an issue at school with a couple boys that stressed me out, but that's all resolved now.  It just meant I got home later than usual and was so tired I fell asleep on the couch!

Anyway, today has been a good day so far.  The weather is beautiful which means it is easier to get outside and be active.  I even forced myself to go jog at Zorinsky Lake and was able to go four miles without stopping.   My pace was pretty slow; I averaged about 11:40 per mile and it was challenging because I'm not used to hills since I've been just running on the treadmill.  The Corporate Cup is just a week away and I still don't feel real confident but I'm still going to try it...

I also went to WW today after a short hiatus.  According to my scale at home I was down a pound but the scale there said it was just down .2.  I figure I am down, so that's good, and I figure I'm going with my scale!  There's going to be a lot of celebrating the next few weeks with Karrie's wedding festivities, Lynn leaving for Paris, a big family reunion and my brother-in-law's 40th birthday party.  Here's hoping I stay strong and don't gain anything!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're doing the run! I know your training got off, but it's something you've been working on for a while... You know you're capable of running it. And just doing it is awesome!

    What are we going to use for motivation after the wedding? I want to be done losing weight for my birthday... Maybe we should plan some kind of fancy Christmas party and use that as a goal point! I'm really bad if I don't have a deadline. I'm a weight loss procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October is here... time to get back on track... HELP ME!!!

    ReplyDelete